Sunday, December 1, 2013

November Favorites

So it's been awhile since I've last blogged. It's hard to believe that I'm in the last two weeks of me being on my college campus. Because of that, making time to blog has been kind of hard.

Anyway, here are my November favorites. I've tried a bunch of new products this month and there's quite a few new favorites of mine.

Winter Candy Apple Shower Gel, Snow Day Candle, Cat Eyes Mascara, Garnier BB Cream Oily-Combination Skin, Aquaphor Lip Repair, CoverGirl Ink It eyeliner, Orly Rage, Clean & Clear Facial Cleaning Wipes
 
Winter Candy Apple Shower Gel
 
Bath and Body Works is in full Christmas mode, and earlier this month I went a little crazy buying all of their Christmas scents. Now, usually I'm a Twisted Peppermint and Vanilla Bean Noel person. I love those two scents so much, and don't worry, I bought those too, but this year when I'm taking a shower and have to choose out of the three, I've found myself choosing this one more often! Winter Candle Apple is a super sweet scent, which is why in years past I haven't really loved it. It's described as "a cheerful blend of ruby red apple, winter rose petals, and candied orange, drizzled with crisp maple and cinnamon." Now I don't smell the cinnamon or the maple, but it's incredibly sweet and fruity. My boyfriend claims he only smells the rose petals, but that's a guy for you.
 
Snow Day Candle
 
This was the first Bath and Body Works holiday candle I used and I've really enjoyed it. I have just a little bit left to burn, just in time for me to either start using Tis the Season or Spiced Apple Toddy for December. This candle is described as "a bright and joyful blend of spruce branches, peppermint, and sweet vanilla that captures the fun adventures of a snow-filled day." This is definitely a scent that reminds me of a cold day! The spruce part really stands out, which I typically don't like green scents, but mixed with the peppermint smells great!
 
Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara
 
This is a long-time favorite on my blog and once again in the month of November I've rediscovered it. It seems like lately I'm incapable of just using one type of mascara. I've used this in a rotation with Benefit's They're Real, L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess, L'Oreal Lash Out Butterfly, and Covergirl Flame Out. But at the end of the month, it's this one that I went back to. I love the wand, the packaging, and the formula. It's lengthening and adds volume and seems to never clump on me.
 
Garnier BB Cream for Combination-Oily Skin (Shade Light-Medium)
 
On impulse in November I decided to buy this BB Cream. The original version of this I loved for how it evened out my skin tone and reduced my redness, but I hated how heavy and oily it felt. Since the redness in my skin has been bothering me more lately, I decided to try this out. I'm so glad I did, because I love this stuff. I'm matte and pretty much oil free with this, which is amazing because my skin loves to be oily with BB Creams, it evens out the redness, and depending on the layering of product, is solid medium coverage. All of this from a product that is $11.99 at Target. I use this with my Urban Decay DeSlick spray and my MAC Studio Fix Powder. Plus I'd say the staying power is really good too, I'd give it a solid 6-8 hours depending on how oily your skin is.
 
Aquaphor Lip Repair
 
I've tried a lot of lip balm, and I can tell you that out of all of them, this is the only one that truly gets rid of chapped lips and makes them hurt less. I swear by this stuff. Yeah, it doesn't taste or smell magnificent, but it gets the job done...fast. I love it and I don't know what I would do if I didn't have it during the winter.
 
Covergirl Ink It Eyeliner
 
Earlier this month, a tragedy happened: my MAC Technakohl liner broke, while I was in my college town. Which is like an hour away from the nearest MAC counter. Likewise for a Sephora and Ulta. For a few days, I tried making do with Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner, but I found myself getting frustrated with it's messiness, lack of staying power, and sharpening. So while I was at Walmart, I picked up this because I remember hearing some pretty good reviews of this when it came out awhile back. All I can say is, that I love this stuff. It's very black, self-sharpening, has better staying power than Urban Decay, and goes on super easily. Plus, it's only $4.97 at Walmart. I love this so much. It stays on my oily eyelids really well, especially for a drugstore product.
 
Orly Rage
 
This fall I've developed a new nail polish obsession: rose gold. And in particular during November, I've loved Orly's Rage. First off, I usually hate all things shimmer and glitter, but this polish is beautiful. It had tremendous staying power, and the color is gorgeous. I'm not a repeat nail painter, but I've worn this three times this month. That's saying a lot. Go to Ulta or Sally's Beauty Supply and pick this up, because I think it's so pretty!
 
Clean and Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes
 
The last couple of months I've been loving Walmart Equate Makeup Removing Wipes, so I was skeptical picking these up. But I heard really good reviews and I was growing tired of having to scrub my nonwaterproof mascara off with the Equate ones. Guys, I can't believe I had never tried these before. They are the best drugstore makeup wipe. The. Best. These take off every single speck of makeup on your face in seconds, with no scrubbing and little irritation. I've never used a makeup wipe as good as these. Yes, they are a little more pricey than Simple's, but these are totally worth it because they get off every little bit of makeup in no time at all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment