Friday, August 30, 2013

One and Done

I’ve kinda disappeared a couple of weeks ago. Which probably makes me a bad blogger. But seriously, finding sleep at this point is difficult, let alone blogging.
So I thought I'd update you on what has happened in my life the last two weeks or so.
Since the end of June I've been in a ton of pain. At first I thought it was just a stomach ache, then I thought I was allergic to Dr. Pepper. Then I went to the doctor and they told me it was a kidney stone. I thought I passed the kidney stone but then started having symptoms pretty similar to a UTI. They tested for it, found out I actually had bacterial vaginosis (BV). Experienced even more and worse pain, finally got meds for a UTI. Then had even worse pain. And passed the kidney stone...six weeks after my first symptoms. This took place all of July and most of August. The funny thing about all that, is besides the BV, every symptom was just kidney stones. While it hurt a lot, I would say that it's not the worst I've ever experienced. So either I have a high pain threshold, or it just didn't hurt me like it hurts others.
Two days after passing the kidney stone, I moved back up to college. It was honestly bittersweet. I keep repeating what my boyfriend told me a couple months ago: "To let it all sink in. Enjoy it. Because a lot of people would love to have this experience, and it's almost done." But I'm also caught in just wanting to be done. Senior problems I guess.
Sorority work week has come and gone in a huge busy, hot, sweaty blur. But it was a great week getting to know sisters I didn't know very well before.
I now own my very own hammer. Oh the adventures of hanging a curtain rod. I need to marry a handy husband, because I'm definitely not a tool person.
I got to see my boyfriend for the first time in 5 weeks. It was way too long without seeing his handsome face. I can't wait until we can see each other more frequently. I can't believe it will be two years in just a week or two.
Two days before my first day of school, I started feeling not kidney stones again. This time a fever, sore glands, sore throat, and achy. I had a fever of 101.7 and was feeling miserable. Only I get sick for the first day of school.
Despite feeling under the weather, I went to my first day of senior year anyway. I can't believe that it's my last first day on a college campus.
My semester is going to be insane. Two days a week, I'm with a class of cute second graders for my practicum for my elementary education major. The other two days I'm in class from 9-3:20 everyday for my methods courses.
My room is super cute and I can't wait to share it with you! I just have a last few finishing touches.
I'm literally so excited for fall. I'm obsessed with all things fall. The Starbucks drinks, scarves, sweaters, candles, everything!
Hopefully I'll find some more time to blog here and there. Hope everyone's first days back were great/ will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment