Saturday, January 5, 2013

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara Review


Hey everyone!

So if you checked out the post about what I got for Christmas, you probably remember that one of the stocking stuffers I received was the Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara. This is Covergirl’s newest mascara in the Lash Blast collection. It came out I think in early November, and honestly I wasn’t sold on buying it when it first came out.


See, I’m one of those super rare people that absolutely hate the Lash Blast Fusion and Lash Blast Volume (the purple and orange tubes). Maybe I’m a freak of nature, but I can’t stand the formula, I hate the brush, and the packaging doesn’t win me over in the least.
But after hearing a lot of good things about this mascara, I decided why not, and asked for it for Christmas. And my mom found it and got it for me after all!
I’ve now been using it for a while and honestly I have a lot of positive things to say about it.
The Positives:  
-The brush shape is fantastic. Like my Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes, the wand is a slight “C” shape. This makes reaching all of the lashes, particularly the outside corners, very easy.
 
-This is definitely a dry formula. I thought that Cat Eyes was dry, but after trying this,  
-True to its name, this mascara doesn't clump at all. It's great at separating and defining lashes.

-For me this mascara was also very lengthing.

-Great staying power, especially for a non-waterproof mascara. No smearing, flaking, or fading throughout the day.

The Negatives:

-As of now, it isn't available in waterproof, and I've noticed that when it comes to watery eyes, this eventually will run.

-But despite that, it is definitely more difficult to remove at the end of the night with my Up and Up brand makeup wipes than other mascaras.

-Because it's drier, if you attempt two applications, it can get spidery fast. So if you want to do multiple coats, do them quickly.

-It's buildable, but it takes more work than my Cat Eyes mascara.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this mascara, especially if you like my beloved Cat Eyes mascara (and even if you weren't a big fan of that one). It's completely different than the other Lash Blast mascaras by Covergirl, so if you were like me and hesitant about that, definitely give this a shot, because I was impressed.

Of course, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, but that really doesn't matter. From where I'm from, it hasn't reached Target yet, but it is available at Walmart, Ulta, and Walgreens.

Have you tried it yet? What are your thoughts?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment