Friday, May 10, 2013

First Impressions of Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Primer


Hey everyone!

A while back I went to Sephora to buy some blush. While I was there, I picked up three sample primers to try out as well. The one I'm reviewing today is the Becca Ever Mette Poreless Priming Perfector.

I reviewed the Cover FX primer a few weeks ago, so I thought it was time to finally review this one as I’m wrapping up with the little sample (by the way, those tiny little samples last forever when it comes to primer!).
 
According to Sephora:
"A silicone-free primer that perfects the face, minimizing pores and mattifying even the most oily skin for up to eight hours."
"Control(s) excess oil while minimizing the appearance of pores. The instant mattifying effect completely eliminates shine! This lightweight formula also creates a smooth matte surface for long-lasting foundation. Along with being sweat and humidity resistant, this product is free of silicon alcohol, and fragrance."
So that promises a lot to being that have been having enormous difficulties with their oily skin, like me. I mean, if something promises to reduce the oil on my face, sign me up for that!
When the makeup artist at Sephora first showed me this sample, I wasn't sure what to think. First of all, it has a tannish, skin color look to it. I've seen white, green, clear, and even coral colored primers, but not a skin color. I was a little concerned (just a note for the future, it doesn't transfer any color on to your skin). She also warned me against using too much, because it could make me more oily (I think that's what she said about this one, but I think that's just a good rule of thumb in all products).
So after using this for about the last two weeks, here are some obervations:
The Good:
-When putting this on your face, it instantly has a cooling, nice clean feel to the skin.
-Didn't make my skin any more oily than it was before.
-My makeup stayed about 1-2 hours longer with powder, almost all day with Revlon's BB Cream.
-Since it's free of silicon, it doesn't have that weird silicon texture.
-Had an instant matte feel and look to makeup.
-Didn't break me out.
-Controlled my oil for the most part.
The Not So Good:
-Odd texture. It was really hard to blend. Now after reading Sephora's site, you are supposed to warm it up in your hands before use. So maybe that would explain it? But it was just really more of a hard butter texture than that of most primers I'm used to.
-Didn't rid me of oil 100%. I don't think anything would though. But it made it managable.
So that pretty much sums it up, but there is one last really important question: would I purchase this in full size? Yes. I would without a doubt, and despite the $36 price tag (why is primer more than foundation?!). The packaging is sleek, the product worked well, and I'd say even if it only reduces 10% of the oil on my face, it's worth it.
And in case you are wondering, would I buy this instead of the Cover FX primer? Most definitely!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment