Sunday, May 5, 2013

April Favorites


Hi guys!

It’s that time again for my monthly favorites! I can’t believe that it’s May! April absolutely flew by! I only have finals week left in this semester, which is crazy! Unfortunately I’ll be taking summer classes, so I don’t have that awesome feeling of accomplishment after wrapping up my classes, but oh well. 

Anyway, here are my favorites!



1. Tarte Eyelash Curler

So I kind of bought this curler on a whim last month. I'd been wanting to try the Tarte version because I'm constantly unimpressed with every curler I've ever tried. But $16 always seems a little steep honestly. As I was finally buying Nars Deepthroat, standing in line I noticed this guy. I will admit I finally caved because of the packaging and the cute Aztec design. I'm a sucker for cute stuff! Seriously, buy the Aztec one in the sample area next to the checkout at Sephora, don't buy the plain one because this one is so much more fun! Anyway, I've noticed this works really well. I haven't had any awful lash debacles that the MAC one constantly left me with. Plus it's cute. 

2. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso 

This blush is pretty much always raved about, so I wanted to try it out too. And I love it. I know I bought it less than two weeks ago, but I love it. It's such a glowly, pretty color. Gorgeous and perfect for summer. It's pigmented, I think longer-lasting than my beloved NARS blushes, and less than $10 at Walgreens. 

3. Essie Turquoise and Caicos

So I can't find First Timer anywhere. Instead I settled for this. And I love it! It's a gorgeous shade and I couldn't stop staring at my toes! It's the perfect color for spring and summer! 

4. Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara

I went back to it. I revisited a few weeks ago and fell in love all over again. It went on so easily, my lashes look beautiful and full, and it works like a dream. I love this mascara and can't believe I didn't use it for about a month!

5. Bath and Body Works Limoncello Candle

I'm a sucker for anything that has lemon with sugar/vanilla. That's my ABSOLUTE favorite scent combination and this is pretty much my heaven. I at first bought it for my mom for her birthday, but then I couldn't help it and bought myself it, along with a couple Wallflowers. This is the best. I can't get enough of it. 

6. Philosophy Pink Frosted Animal Cracker Shower Gel

Like the mascara, this was a product that I revisited recently. I absolutely love Philosophy's shower gels because they make my skin so soft and smooth (plus it helps my dry skin rashes). This smells just like what it claims. Sweet and pink. Can it get better than that? Nope. I don't think so. 

7. L'Oreal Magic Anti-Redness Correcting Primer

So I found this from my current Youtube favorite (Brittany Boles). I wanted to dry more drugstore primers, and I do have lots of pink/red patches. This impressed me instantly. See, I had a monster pimple on my chin, and this worked better than concealer. Yes, better. I didn't even need concealer with it. Normally when I don't have huge zits on my face, I use this where I'm most red: inner cheeks, around my nose, and between my eyes. And while it may look funky with the greenish tint, you totally don't see it after you put foundation on. This doesn't make me oily, hasn't broke me out, and just works great. It's only about $11 (significantly less than the Smashbox version) and is seriously an obsession for me currently. Because of it, I don't need as much foundation or powder on my face (because usually I'm just trying to counter my redness).

8. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush

I also picked this up on a whim at Walgreen's a couple weeks ago and my life has been forever changed. See, previously I've only used Suave's Dry Shampoo, which wasn't life altering to me honestly. But this...it's life altering. I sprayed some on my bangs on second day hair and it looked like I just washed them. I was a tad worried about the scent Blush, but I honestly don't smell anything, which is good. If anything, it just smells clean and fresh. Not like you are trying to cover up dirty hair with perfume. I bought the little sample, but I know for sure that I'll buy the full size as soon as I use this up. 

9. Redken Smooth Down Shampoo and Conditioner

These are also revisited products. I originally stopped using them because my hair had a lot of static and needed heavy products to weigh it down (Hello Hydration from Herbal Essence). Well since now I'm sick of my hair feeling weighed down, I switched back and love this! My hair was so soft after using it! I couldn't believe it. Sadly, Redken has since changed their packaging of this and maybe even the formula because now it's geared toward smoothly overly processed hair. But I love this stuff. 

10. Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Masque 
If you follow my blog regularly, you'll know I finally broke down and bought the sample of this from Ulta. I've used it now three or four times this month and have really enjoyed it. Is my hair completely different? Not really. I don't noticed a night and day difference by any means honestly. I may not be putting enough in my hair (since I'm conserving the sample size). But my hair looks healthy and happy, so I'm going to use my my samples and then decide if I'll splurge on the big guy version of this.

I do want to add that there's a couple of favorite things I forgot to put! Oh no!

Anyway,  I've been loving my Market Peach Wallflower from Bath and Body Works. 

Like I've said before, Market Peach was one that I didn't actually like. I got the free candle at some event they had a couple of months ago and was just like.."Ehhh." Well, I'm in love now. Maybe because I think it's more of a summer scent than a spring? That could be it. 

Also loved the Simple Eye Makeup Removing Pads. They are fantastic and look for a future post about them!

That's all! Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment