Friday, May 17, 2013

Urban Decay De-Slick First Impression


Hi guys!

If you remember a post last month about a tiny Ulta haul, you saw that I picked up the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray on a whim as I was standing in the check out. That day my oily skin was going crazy (lots of humidity) and I wanted to try anything that promised to fix it.

Admittedly, it wasn’t until about a week or two ago that I opened it up and started using it. But I thought with the weather getting warmer, and oily skin out there getting worse and worse, it would be interesting to write some of my first impressions down.
From Sephora:
"Oily skin has met it's match! De-Slick mists on weightlessly to control oil, deflect surface shine, and keep skin looking beautifully matte. High-tech ingredients help keep foundation, shadow, and blush from smudging, sliding, or fading-so you hardly ever need to touch up...It actually lowers temperature of your makeup and helps it stay put and keep skin looking smooth, but never shiny."
At first you might be asking yourself what the heck they are talking about. I mean, when I first heard of this stuff about a year ago, I decided it must be glorified water that people are paying $30 for (or in my case since I bought the travel size, $14).
But lots of people swear by this, both for oil control and for makeup setting, so I figured desperate times call for desperate measures.
First off, let me just say that I'm SO happy they changed their packaging. I don't know about you, but if something is in ugly packaging, I'm not really tempted to purchase it. And the old bottle wasn't very appealing to me. But the new one looks sleek, clean, and a lot less...crazy.
So how this spray works is basically you shake it up well, then spray it over your skin in the pattern of an X and T. You can spray your skin anywhere between 2 and 4 times.
If you are wondering how I use it, here's the breakdown:
-Before I put on any makeup, I spray all over like they describe, the X and T pattern.
-I wait 1-3ish minutes until it dries.
-Then I put on my face makeup on (usually I just wear powder). Sometimes I put primer on afterward, but I prefer it actually without primer. If you use a liquid foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturizer and also wear powder, spray after powder.
-Then I apply my blush, although I've put the blush on after my second application. I'm not sure which I prefer, but the bottle says to apply the blush first.
-I spray all over again in the X and T pattern.
-Then I do my eye makeup!
So it's not super hard and doesn't make my makeup application take too much longer thankfully!
After about two weeks of wear, what do I think?
I love it!
It works with my powder fantastically! It makes it stay on forever, shine free, less oily feeling, and while making it look significantly less caked on. It's so natural and nice looking!
Plus it's great for summer because you know how it claims to reduce the surface temperature of your skin? Yep, it does that. It feels so nice!
And I used to get only about 4 hours out of my powder. Now? I get easily 6 hours if not more! During 70-80 degree weather! Plus rain!
It's completely eliminated the need for primers for me also, which is a bonus!
I tried the MAC Fix Plus for a day, and that made me so oily in comparison. So seriously, try out Urban Decay's De-Slick. And my tip for great application: make sure to use it before you apply your foundation! That's the key!
Seriously guys, this might just be my summer holy grail product!
What are your warm weather must-haves? Do you think setting sprays like De-Slick, All Nighter, and MAC Fix Plus work? Or are they just overpriced water?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment