Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Everyday Makeup Bag


Hey guys!

It’s been awhile since I showed what makeup I wear every day, so I thought that it would be fun to take a look at it. I think the organization of your everyday makeup is one of the most important things you can do. Because I separate it from the rest of my makeup, I spend less time rifling around things I'm not going to use.
We'll start with just an overview of how I store it. Since I'm going to summer school, it's currently working best for me to leave my makeup on top of my printer on my desk. I keep my most used makeup brushes in a little candle holder I bought on a recent trip to Ikea (isn't it cute?). I keep my makeup in a medium size Vera Bradley makeup bag (this one in is Deco Daisy, which matches my room's color scheme). And I keep a couple of products beside it because they don't fit in my bag.
 
Let's move on to the overview of my makeup:


Left to Right: L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, NARS Eyeshadow Primer, MAC Paint Pot, Maybelline Great Lash, Maybelline Define a Brow, MAC Technakohl Eyeliner, Tarte Eyelash Curler, MAC Studio Fix powder, MAC Warm Soul, Urban Decay De Slick, Urban Decay Naked Basics, Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes, L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions, Covergirl Clump Crusher


L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
My newest mascara obsession, this has the been the mascara I've worn solely of late. I really like how black it is, as well as how easily it applies. It definitely is worth the hype, and I'm totally loving so far!
NARS Eyeshadow Primer
I've been using this for the past six months and really don't have any complaints. I think in combination with my beloved MAC paint pot in Painterly, it helps my shadows stay on all day, true to color. When I run out of this, I'm tempted to try a different brand just to experiment.
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
I love love love this eyeshadow base. It helps my shadows stay on and creates a neutral, even base for them. I seriously have no clue what I would do without this base. I've had it over a year now, but I'm pretty sure that here soon this summer I'm gonna have to purchase a new one since this one is used every single day. I can't say enough great things about this product.
Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara
I love this clear mascara for my eyebrows. It locks them into place all day, without adding any unnatural color. Plus it's super cheap!
Maybelline Define a Brow Pencil
My Revlon Brow Fantasy (one I've been using since last July), finally was retired, so I picked up this little brow pencil this month. So far so good, although I don't think the staying power is that of the Revlon pencil in the Brow Fantasy. What I do like though, is the fact this combs with a tiny comb attached at the end, and is super thin and tiny, making it really hard to over do your brows.
MAC Technakohl Eyeliner in Graphblack
This is my holy grail eyeliner. I can't say enough amazing things about it, besides that I love it and I plan to repurchase over and over and over. It's a dark black, that stays all day long. It doesn't need sharpening and it maintains it's dark richness all day long!
Tarte Eyelash Curler
My current curler, this guy is working really well for me. Plus it's cute, which always helps. Curling my lashes always opens up my eyes and helps make my lashes as dramatic as possible.
MAC Studio Fix Powder
This is a new product that I bought earlier this month. I love it! I wanted to up my coverage (this is a medium to full coverage powder foundation), without having to go the liquid route because my skin is obnoxiously oily during the warmer months. This has fit the bill. I'm sure I'll be gushing about this during my May favorites.
MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul
I also picked this up when I bought my Studio Fix powder. It's literally the perfect summer glow. It has fantastic staying power, provides a really nice natural glow, and is pretty pigmented. (If you want a drugstore dupe, the Milani baked blush in Luminoso is super similar and is about $15 cheaper)
Urban Decay De Slick Makeup Setting Spray
Gosh, I love this spray so much! It has replaced all my primers and has made my experience with the Studio Fix powder amazing! So many reviews online talk about that powder being too cakey and unnatural. Well, with this setting spray, it comes out amazing and oil free every single time! This is quickly becoming a holy grail type product for me. It has made me not hate hot or humid days (as much...). This is just the travel size.
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
I'm pretty sure I've worn this palette every single day but one this month. Seriously, it's my new obsession with eyeshadow. I love how this produces a natural, pretty eye all in one little palette. I definitely say this is a must have of mine. Lately, I've been wearing Venus all over my lid, Naked 2 in my crease and blended upward, Faint defining the outer part of my crease, and Foxy as a brow highlight. Basically though, I've used the five lighter colors so much this month!
Maybelline Cat Eyes Mascara
As you can tell, I love mascara. When I curl my lashes and they decided they don't want to cooperate and want to run amok all over the place, this is the mascara I turn to. It's the least particular out of all my mascaras and turn any lashes into dramatic, pretty ones. I love the wand on this guy. It's the wettest formula in my opinion of all the mascaras posted. I've repurchased this before and I definitely will in the future.
L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions
My favorite lengthening mascara, this defines my lashes beautifully with it's tiny little brush. This is a mascara I have to definitely not overpower. I think it's best applied slowly and lightly, building patiently. If you try to overpower it, it will just resist because the brush is so flexible.
Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara
My second favorite mascara at the moment (the Voluminous Carbon Black is currently dominating), this mascara does it all. My only complaint: it seems too dry at times.
So there you have it! Those are the products that I use on a daily basis! What are your go to favorites for everyday? Do you do a full face? Just mascara?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment