Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sephora Gift Card Haul

Hi there!

For Christmas my aunt gave me a gift card to Sephora, which was pretty much like having a second Christmas in my book. See, I usually buy my higher-end stuff from Ulta because I like their rewards point system better (although, maybe it's just the Ulta stores in my area, but I always seem to come across the snottiest employees, so I definitely don't visit there for the customer service or their coupon policy), so I don't get to play around with brands such as NARS or some of the other awesome stuff at Sephora.

I knew coming into Sephora that I really wanted some new face products. As much I love the Garner BB cream for combination/oily skin, I know deep inside that the shade is just too dark and yellow for me. And I really wanted to dabble in some higher-end stuff while I could.



After talking to a makeup artist and getting my skin color matched with their new computer program (seriously, I have no clue how it works, but it was beyond cool to watch), she recommended for me the Stila CC Cream. She matched me to the lightest shade, which I would have never thought would match me, but I think it looks pretty good.

In all honestly, I had never heard of it before. In a week or so I'll give a better first look at it, but so far I really like it.

I also picked up some more face powder (she recommended the Sephora brand, which I'm kinda skeptical about, but I'm too lazy to drive to MAC to pick up more of the Studio Fix powder).

Two total random things I never intended on buying were the Josie Maran Bear Naked nail polish removing wipes and Deborah Lippmann's Daytripper. The wipes called me because they have polar bears and peppermint scent and Daytripper is a color I've been lusting over for just about two or three years.

Overall, I thought it was a successful trip to Sephora.

And in case that wasn't enough shopping, I then went to Ulta to do some more damage. I had triple rewards points for the week, and I couldn't pass that down (why does it seem every time I actually have a good coupon or deal at Ulta, is when I don't need to buy anything? I think they plan this...).

 
 
I needed a new Urban Decay De-Slick spray really bad, so  picked up another full-size one.
 
Everything else I got was just truly impulse shopping and the promise of 3x reward points.
 
They had Body Shop lip balms 50% off, so I got this set of three (coconut, shea butter, and mango flavors) for $6.99. Which means that I essentially got 2 of them free, which is awesome.
 
And this Too Faced Beauty Blogger kit totally called me. Mostly because it has a sample of the Chocolate Soleil bronzer and the Better than Sex mascara. First of all, if something promises to smell like chocolate, you know I'll be all over it. Second, I love mascara. And I love products with kind of dirty names (one of the main reasons why I own the two NARS blushes that I do, although the colors are definitely worth it even if they weren't named anything raunchy). And I love samples. So I snatched this up fast.
 
Finally, I picked up this Real Techniques blush brush because I've heard amazing things about their brushes and thought this was a good place to start.
 
 
Last but not least, I had to pick up a new floral/fruity body wash. And Victoria's Secret always comes through for me.
 


 
 
 
I'd say it was a successful trip. I love trying out new things and I think I have a lot of great new options.
 
Have you gone shopping recently? Let me know if there's any products I should try out? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment