Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Favorites

Hey there!

It's now officially February, which I have some mixed feelings about. I love Valentine's Day (any holiday where there are hearts, red, pink, polka dots, and lots of cute little floral things is at the top of my list), but I really don't want this semester to fly too much, since April is the month that I pretty much have the biggest, most important school project of my life due. Seriously, I'm kinda freaking out about it.

Anyway, since I didn't do a December Favorites and because I've tried out a lot of new things in the month of January, I'm pretty excited to share with you my favorite products this month. So let's take a look.


Milani Brow Fix Kit

This month I found myself in a little bit of a brow product bind. I had been using the Maybelline Define a Brow (which I truly dislike, but was too cheap to buy anything else), but when that ran out, I didn't know what to use. I found this product just laying in my makeup collection collecting dust. Last spring I picked this up, but deemed it too light to use. However, I've found despite the fact it's a little light, it makes my brows look so good! Like natural and put together at the same time. I combine the two brown colors with an angled Sigma brush and then just fill them in, then follow that up with a little clear mascara. I'm so pleased! Sometimes, the key is to just shop your makeup collection!

Victoria's Secret Passion Struck Body Wash

I don't know if others feel this way, but after Christmas this year I was in the mood for spring. Forget the snow, sweaters, boots, and cozy scents. I was ready for fruit, floral, coral, sundresses, and flipflops. So even if the weather doesn't agree with me (hello, snow!), this body wash definitely helped me cure my spring fever. It is one of their new scents and I really like it because it's girly, fruity and floral, but not obnoxious at all. It's said to smell like Fuji apple and vanilla orchid and I really love this a lot.

Benefit Rockateur Blush

This is the first Benefit blush that I've ever tried, and honestly I was a tad skeptical when I heard all the rave reviews about this blush when it first came out. First of all, I dislike the name for some odd reason. And I'm a little late to the huge rose gold craze. But, I decided to pick this up this month and am so glad I did! This is such a pretty, natural, everyday blush color. I've found the best brush to use to apply this is my MAC 168 because it's firm and layers the product on really well. Plus I'm always pleasantly surprised by the floral scent. And I think the packaging is pretty cute too.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara

I picked this up on a whim on New Year's Day from Kmart and seriously, I can tell you how amazing this mascara is. I can't believe not everyone owns this mascara. It's volumnizing, lengthening, and so dramatic! When it comes to mascara, the bigger/faker looking, the better in my opinion. And this just comes out beautifully! I've definitely gotten my $2.99 worth of this stuff!

Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner

I went back to a summer staple this month and have refallen in love with it. In my 2013 favorites I talked about my love for the Total Repair 5 from L'Oreal, which I had been using almost religiously. However, I began to notice my hair was lacking some of the shine and healthiness it used to have. So I went back to this duo and instantly saw a huge change for the better in my hair. It's so shinny and smooth when I use this stuff! I can't believe how affordable it is either!

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub

I picked this up after Christmas and I love it. I think it's without a doubt a winter must-have if you have chapped lips. Not only does it taste amazing, but it really helps your chap stick sink in deeper after you use this.

Lorac Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer

This came with my Lorac Pro Palette, and at first I turned up my nose at it. I figured it would be subpar like the Urban Decay Primer Potion or the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. However, I eventually found myself using it and falling totally in love. Guys, this is even better than the NARS version (and $3 cheaper!). I ask my eyeshadow to last all day (which means usually about 10-12 hours teaching) and this primer holds up that entire time. It's amazing! If you have oily lids, you need to check this stuff out because I can't get enough of it.

Lorac Pro Palette

I received this for Christmas and I'm so glad that I did! I must admit, this is better than the Naked Palettes. I think the shadows are all great quality, they last all day, have great color payoff, and I love that there's both matte and shimmer eyeshadows in here. I've used this palette all month long, never straying away from it. I can't get enough out of the Nude or Light Bronze colors. I usually wear one of those with Taupe in the crease.

So that's my favorites for January! What have you been loving this month? I love product recommendations!

By the way, if you like seeing what products I've featured in my monthly favorites previously, make sure to check out this page of my entire list of favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment