Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy 30 Months!

Hey guys!

Today was pretty much like the most amazing spring day here in Colorado. Temperatures pushing 70 degrees, slight breeze. You know what that means, snow is probably coming any day now.

Anyway, the 10th of every single month holds a special place in my heart. That's because my boyfriend and I started dating on September 10th. So, like any other crazy obsessed girlfriend, I keep track of every monthly anniversary. Don't get me wrong, it's not like we have a parade and I expect flowers or anything. I actually think we've only celebrated truly our first and second anniversaries. But my boyfriend and I always make sure to text each other or call and wish the person a happy whatever-month anniversary.



Today is two and a half years (we've given up trying to count months. Just thinking of the title sent me into math overload) that we've been together. It's funny how when I think of 2 and a half years, but feels both really long and really short.

So in the grand scheme of things, two and a half years isn't really that long of a time. But, when I think about many of the people I know and their college relationships, we've been together longer than everyone else. Despite school, full-time work, long-distance, student teaching, etc. And that's what makes me think that 30 months is something that should be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment