Sunday, March 2, 2014

February Favorites

Hey guys!

So February is over and I couldn't be more excited! I want Spring and flip flops and flowers, so the quicker that we get done with February and March, the better in my opinion. Except as I'm writing this, it's snowing outside, typical Colorado.

Anyway, this month I tried a ton of new products, so I'm kind of excited to share my February favorites with you. Hopefully, this month I'll be able to share some more product reviews with you, as well as hopefully some room updates as far as decorating goes.

So let's take a look at things that I've been loving of late!



Essie Fiji

This is a pretty popular color for a lot of people, and this month I got to see just how amazing of a color it is. It's pretty, feminine, and neutral (but with a cute pop of interest). I loved it on my nails, much to my surprise. I'm pretty sure that this light pink is going to be a spring staple for me this year. I love that it's completely opaque (I hate nail polish that's still sheer).

Beauty Blender

This month I've been experimenting a lot with new face products, so I finally caved and bought the Beauty Blender from Sephora. I must say, this thing is amazing! It's great on full coverage foundation and fantastic on a lighter coverage CC cream. No matter what, it leaves the makeup looking flawless and super natural. Plus, it lets me keep my fingers nice and clean! I'm already wondering how I've gotten this far in life without one!

The Body Shop Mango Lip Butter

I picked this up back in January from Ulta in a holiday gift pack that was on sale. This stuff smells amazing!! I'm been obsessed with all things peach and mango this month, and this stuff definitely helps make me a little more obsessed with mango! It is thick and buttery, and instantly helps relieve sore lips.

MAC Naked Pigment

I've been wanting this stuff for a few months now, and I finally got to my MAC counter and bought it. I'm so happy that I did, because I've found out just how amazing this looks as an all over the lid color. It's shimmery and a little glittery, but in a subtle sort of way. I think it looks amazing with the colors of the Naked Basics palette (which is a favorite this month too!). I've experimented applying this wet and dry, and both are gorgeous. I'm currently loving it applied dry though, because I think that makes it a little bit less shimmery.

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser

My skin went absolutely crazy this month. From oily to acne filled (four zits on my face at once was insane, I haven't had any breakouts like that in like six months!) to now dry, my face has seen it all this month. One thing that I made myself commit to doing is actually cleansing my face after removing makeup. I'm awful about that, but with the help of this cleanser, I've been doing it consistently for two weeks now and this has made a huge difference I think to the way my skin feels. This instantly makes my face feel clean and nourished, soft and healthy. It helps get off any last traces of makeup and I think has helped me calm my skin down (I'm down to just one tiny breakout up my lips).

Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara

I mentioned earlier this month I was giving this stuff another try, and I'm so happy that I did! It's amazing! It adds so much volume without clumping while adding some length! I can't believe that I ever stopped using this stuff! Plus it's amazing on my lower lashes!

Bath and Body Works Market Peach Hand and Body Cream

I mentioned that I'm obsessed with all things peach and mango, and I blame this stuff for fueling this addiction. I love it! If you love the candle, you need this lotion! It smells like amazing fruitiness and makes my skin so soft without being greasy!

Milani Luminoso Blush

Another old favorite, I started using this again this month as well. Can you tell that I'm in the mood for spring? This is the perfect pretty coral blush. I think it's even prettier than NARS Orgasm. And applied with the Real Techniques Blush brush, it's even more amazing. It gives such a pretty, feminine glow.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Hands down my favorite UD palette, I started using this again with the MAC Naked pigment. I use Naked 2 and Faint in the crease and foxy on my brow bone, which makes the most beautiful, everyday look. I'm convinced that whenever you use those three colors, you will just look gorgeous. I feel like I've gotten every penny I spent on this palette back just by how much I've used it.

Bath and Body Works Raspberry Peach Macaron Candle

I was super excited for the release of the Sweet Shop scents this month and I honestly didn't expect this candle to have been my favorite. It smells amazing! Fruity and sweet, it's like the perfect combination of spring and winter. It burns amazing, has a great throw, and I think the packaging is so adorable. You have got to smell this stuff if you love raspberries or peaches.

Love looking at past favorites? Take a look at what I was loving a year ago in my February 2013 Favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment