Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It Cosmetics CC Cream Review

Hi guys!

A little while back, I decided I wanted to try some new face products. I tried the Stila CC Cream and the Smashbox one, but neither were products that I truly fell in love with. Stila's hardly provided coverage and the Smashbox one was still a little light for what I wanted (and the fair shade seemed a tad yellow on me...).

So because of the amazing reviews of the It Cosmetics CC Cream, I wanted to give it a try. At $38, it was an investment that I really needed to think about. But, it's at Ulta, which is a good thing because I think they have a much better rewards program (I got this product for $30 because I cashed in $8 worth of points). And occasionally they offer coupons that can be used on anything.

Ulta


Let's just jump right in with what I think about this stuff.

First off, I love the packaging. I love the fact that it has a pump but is still a tube. It makes it really easy to deal with. There's not much else to comment, but it feels substantial and I think sometimes that's all you can ask.

Moving on, this product guarantees everything just short of the kitchen sink:

"Why did IT Cosmetics create this product: To finally give women an all-in-one multi-tasking beauty miracle that truly gives full, flawless, perfect coverage, protects your skin with SPF 50+ from the harmful rays of the sun and is clinically proven to improve skin texture and hydration. IT Cosmetics worked with plastic surgeons to develop a multi-tasking correcting cream that is true scientific breakthrough. It's packed with anti-aging ingredients that is clinically proven to improve skin and works on all ages, that doesn't crease or crack!"

Guys, that's promising a lot out of a CC Cream. Not only is this SPF 50, but it's supposed to give me anti-aging benefits, serve as a primer, moisturizer, and full coverage foundation, and works on everyone. Wow.

Now, I think if you compare this product to what it claims, it will fail. Nothing can live up to a description like that.


You can see a tad of redness, a little bit of scarring, but overall I'd say it's a good medium coverage. An hour into wearing it.

This is after 10 hours of wear.


Honestly, I think this is the best CC/BB Cream I've used. Without a doubt. It feels nice, it isn't too oily or dry. I have some dry patches that it of course clings to and I have oily patches that don't go out of control. I've found that to make this product successful, I need to do three things:

1. Use a beauty blender. Forget fingers and brushes. They will leave this product clinging in the weirdest ways possible. The Beauty Blender is the only way to go.

2,) Moisturize. I have oily skin, and I still need to moisturize because this. stuff. will. cling.

3.) Use a primer. Because the staying power is about 6-8 hours...with Smashbox Photo Finish Light. Though I'll admit, when this wears off, it isn't like "OMG my face just melted off and I look like a beast." It actually still looks nice, but I can definitely see my redness and scars poking through.

But, I think it feels great on the skin, looks great (especially with a good concealer). And I think it smells like lemon cheesecake in a non-obnoxious way. More in a subtle fresh way.

I think your best bet is seeing it in person when it comes to color. Both the makeup artist and I thought I'd be light and it was kind of dark on me, so I had to get fair. The light was really yellow toned and the fair is much more neutral colored.

Will I repurchase? I think so, at least I'm 80 % sure. I really like it a lot. It beats the Stila and Smashbox versions hands down.

Check out a few of my other latest posts: MAC Haul/First Impressions, Covergirl Foundation Review, Guide to Oily Skin, My Everyday Makeup Storage, and my Nail Polish Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment