Saturday, February 2, 2013

Simple Pleasures


Hey everyone!

School is crazy as always, but it’s the little things that can make stressful days and busy nights a little happier. They say that the key to being happy is being able to appreciate the little things in life. So during this busy week, these are some of the things that brought me the greatest amount of joy.
First, this week marked the first day of February. You probably don't know it, but Valentine's Day has become my second favorite holiday to decorate for (besides Christmas of course). I love the red, pink, hearts, dots, ladybugs, cupcakes, and the pure happiness that this holiday evokes for me. Even though I have a boyfriend for this special day, I'm pretty sure I'd still love it if I were single. Another highlight of February (besides the mere fact that January is over), is this page in my Lilly Pulitzer agenda. I love it so much!
 
This past week also marked the discovery of my new Starbucks obsession! It's a vanilla latte with added raspberry syrup. It may not be a new invention to the world, but it is a super fun change for me. Not only is it pink (see, I'm a little Valentine's Day obsessed), but it's sweet, warm, and cozy.
 
A joy that I'm always appreciative for is my boyfriend. He is my strength. He keeps me strong, focused, and wants nothing more than my happiness. Having his hand to hold (even if it's not everyday due to distance), is the greatest joy ever. Words can't describe how much I look forward to our nightly chats, whether they last three minutes or an hour. They are so precious to me.
And there's nothing like wearing your most favorite sweater in the world. I absolutely love this one from American Eagle, which my mom bought me for my birthday. I love the lace stripes on it, and I especially love it paired with this black infinity scarf from Pac Sun.
Finally, one of the easiest ways to brighten any day is buying a new nail polish. I recently spotted this one on Pinterest, and when I found it at Target, I had to pick it up. It’s this really pretty berry red. It has a lot more purple than this picture shows, and it’s such a lovely color. It's Essie's Plumberry.
What simple things bring joy to your life?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment