Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I Heart September


Without a doubt, September is my favorite month the entire year. Which takes a lot to beat December, because there aren’t enough words in the dictionary to describe how ecstatic Christmas makes me. But as I turned my calendar over and wrote my August favorites post and went shopping today and saw all the cute fall home décor items, I couldn’t help but relish this time of year.
{Taken outside my dorm last fall before a huge blizzard broke all the limbs}

There are so many things I love about this time of year:

Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Pumpkin Scones

Bath and Body Works fall scents

Wearing my sweaters and Toms

Cloudy, Chilly Morning Walks

Wind Blowing at Night

College Football (and I don’t even like college football)

Pumpkins

Halloween Décor

My Year Anniversary with my boyfriend

Sorority Recruitment

My Birthday

Leaves Falling

Hot Chocolate

I could write this list forever and ever. There is just so much to enjoy this time of year. I write this post not only because I love it, but I think as college students, we sometimes forget to notice our surroundings. We go to class, club meetings, hang out with friends, and whatnot, but we forget to take time for ourselves. So I encourage everyone to grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte (they come out September 4th!) and just take time to notice the gradual seasonal changes on campus.

What parts of fall make you excited? Do you like fall, or another season? Are you sad to see summer go?

No comments:

Post a Comment