Tuesday, March 19, 2013

L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara Review


Hey guys!

With all the new mascaras coming out in the drugstore, it seems like I’m in a constant state of trying things out, without a definite favorite. About a month ago, I picked up the L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara because I saw some reviews of it on Youtube that made it look like pretty much like the best mascara ever. Knowing that in the past I have liked the L’Oreal mascara I had tried, I wanted to take a look at this.

The first thing I noticed about this mascara was the brush. I knew from watching videos, that it was going to be a tiny, skinny brush. But what surprised me, which pictures on places like Makeupalley don’t really show, is that the bristles are so far apart. Basically over half of the brush is made up blank space, which I instantly was turned off about. Plus, when I put into the mascara, it wouldn’t fully coat the brush in those blank spaces, which kind of irritated me as well. But I went ahead and tested it.

The first few times I used, I was so disappointed! What I got was nothing like what I saw on Youtube (huge long lashes and tons of volume). I got short, very darkly coated, clumpy lashes. Not so pretty. I was disappointed that it seemed to flake as well throughout the day. Deciding to go back to the Rocket or my Cat Eyes mascara, I ignored it for a few weeks before trying it again.

Oddly enough, I used it and got really long, pretty lashes! This doesn’t make sense! Why is it so inconsistent? I’d still say that it was on the clumpy side (seriously, you can get spider lashes fast with this formula, so be careful!). When it worked, it was really pretty. But when it doesn’t, it’s a huge miss.

Overall, would I buy this mascara again? Yeah, I probably would. I've noticed that the key to this mascara is to have your lashes really well curled before putting it on. If they aren't you will definitely struggle. But I love the long, dramatic look. I think the staying power is as decent as other non-waterproof versions for sale. And overall, there are definitely more difficult mascaras to use out there.
Here’s the breakdown:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment