Saturday, July 6, 2013

Apartment To-Do List


Hi guys!

I may have been only out of summer school for a couple of days, but already I’m planning for the apartment I’ll move into here in the coming months. I’m super excited, let me tell you! Mostly because I love decorating new spaces!
Awhile back, I was visiting my little (who currently lives in that future apartment) and I snapped a couple of pictures of my soon-to-be room so I can have an idea of the space I'm working with! As you can see, I've been having quite a bit of fun with my new favorite app, A Beautiful Mess!
 
 

 
So from the pictures above you can see that I'm going to have lots of space (a full size bed, a room that is an L-shape, a walk-in closet, and a huge bathroom all to myself!). The tricky part about all that space is making a big impact without sacrificing a lot of money or style.
As of now, here's a little checklist of things that I'd like to buy, make, to do to my future college room to make it feel like home:
-I need to buy some cozy, soft bedding that makes a statement! The bed is the first thing you see when you walk in, so the more colors/impact it can make, the better!
-Lots of cool wall art/décor that doesn't fade into the plain white walls.
-Lots of fun pillows on the bed
-2-3 lamps in the room to bring in lots of light
-Maybe some curtains to bring in more color and keep some of the eastern facing sun out.
-Put the dresser back in the bedroom, and make a nice area for putting on my makeup and storage of my perfume.
-Create a relaxing, nice study space at the desk.
-Include personal touches like a monogram decal and frames around the room.
-Try to keep the room warm and inviting
-Have a set color scheme that doesn't sway too much.
-Include lots of storage in the closet and in the room for my school stuff, makeup, clothes, accessories, DVDs, and other endless odds and ends.
That's about it for the checklist right now. I'm really stuck on bedding and a color scheme for the room.
I'm stuck between a nice, clean cottage color scheme of gray, yellow and white. And between a red, black, and white color scheme. Also yellow, gray, black, and white is an option as well. I have the most things in red, black, and white, but I really love gray and white.
Let me know if you have any ideas for my room or suggestions for a color scheme! I'd love to hear!
Take a look at some of my bedding contenders and mood boards too! I need all the opinions I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment