Monday, July 1, 2013

June Favorites


Hi guys!

Hope your June went great! Mine has been ridiculously crazy with summer school wrapping up and moving for the fourth time in six weeks. But I’m glad to be finally starting summer! For some really odd reason, I had a ton of trouble picking favorites this month. There are a few things that I just loved, and some things that I was just okay with.

 
 
Simple Smoothing Facial Toner
This has been a huge love for me this month. It's seriously one of my most favorite facial products I have ever tried. Personally, I don't invest a lot of time or money into facial products. I prefer less is more, so you really won't see a huge skin care regiment from me. Before I tried this out, I had no clue what toner was even for (I still don't think I really know either). But I gave this a try because it was cheap (like $5 at Walmart) and from the Simple brand that has been putting out some amazing products. And I seriously adore this! I use it twice a day. In the morning I use an exfoliating cotton pad and just wipe this all over my skin, making it feel super clean and refreshed (while also reducing oil). This is before I put on any makeup by the way. Then at night I use makeup wipes to take off all my makeup, then I use another cotton pad and swipe it all over my face and get off any last remaining dirt or makeup that's still clinging to my face. This stuff is seriously amazing!
Gilmore Girls
I've been obsessed with this series of late. It's one of my all-time favorite shows anyway, but I've been watching the DVDS (so far I'm at the end of season 2) and I'm so hooked! It's hilarious and romantic and just a perfect way to relax after summer classes.
Essie Turquoise and Caicos
I love this color. It's like the perfect summer nail polish color. I'm pretty sure I talked about this in my April Favorites even. However, I do have a gripe that this nail polish never turns out perfect for me! It's like it's too thick or something. But at least the color is lovely.
Bath and Body Works Summer Boardwalk Candle
I finally picked this guy up at the Semi-Annual Sale and I absolutely love it! It's definitely a sweet smell (like caramel popcorn) and is to me a little bit more of a fall scent. But I love it anyway! I even went out and bought a second one too!
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Out of nowhere this month, I went back to this palette and have been completely obsessed! Pretty much the entire month I have worn Sin (my ALL TIME favorite eyeshadow) across my entire lid, Naked in the crease and blended upward, and then Buck to define my crease a little more. I've worn this look pretty much the entire month because I can't get over how gorgeous it is!
Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner
If you would have told me this would pretty much become my favorite shampoo and conditioner ever, I would have thought you were lying. I personally am not a huge fan of Suave hair care. Or at least, I thought I wasn't. But this shampoo and conditioner seriously impressed me from the first use (see my first impressions post!). It makes my hair super shinny and straight. Like, I barely even have to run my flat iron through it! It smells pretty good, and is without a doubt cheap! I'm so impressed, and I even got my mom hooked on it! Check this out, it's seriously one of the best drugstore hair care products I've ever used!
Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Shower Gel
Even though the summer months are generally more of a fruity/fresh scent time, I've been completely obsessed with this scent! It's sweet and comforting and I can't get enough. I loved it so much, that I went out and bought the perfume too! If you love sweet, baked good scents, this is one you should check out!
Not Your Mother's Knotty to Nice Detanlger
I have super tangly hair no matter what shampoo and conditioner I use, so this product has helped quite a bit with brushing my hair after showering. I don't know if this is my holy grail detangler, but it's inexpensive and seems to work really well. One thing I'm curious about, is that some of the packaging is brown and some is orange? Is this a product packaging change or is this a totally different product?
Bath and Body Works Malibu Heat Shower Gel
Before I fell in love with Warm Vanilla Sugar, I was completely obsessed with this amazing summer fragrance. It's the perfect, coconut, pineapple, citrus summer scent. I'm so in love with this! And hopefully I can pick up the body mist too!
 
Let me know what your favorites were this month! Check out May's favorites too!

No comments:

Post a Comment