Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Heart Drugstore Makeup


Hi guys!

So this makeup tag went around Youtube last fall, but I decided it might be kind of fun to do it here on my blog. Recently it seems like I’ve found a lot of great finds at the drugstore, and I think it’s always fun to see what other people love from there, since there’s often a lot of hits and a lot of misses. Here are my answers to the questions!

1.    What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

This is kind of a hard question for me because I think I love all drugstore makeup brands pretty equally. I’ve had good things and bad things from them all. A lot of the others that have done this have said Revlon. I think this probably would have to be Maybelline for me, with ELF and actually Covergirl as runners up.

2.    What are your favorite face, cheek, and lip products?

My favorite face product from the drugstore is probably ELF’s Mineral Infused face primer or Revlon’s BB cream. Both have really impressed me and are super similar to high-end versions that I’ve enjoyed. Because I dislike lipsticks and I really don’t wear lip gloss all that much, my favorite drugstore lip product would have to be Maybelline’s Baby Lips.

3.    Least favorite product?


Without a doubt it would have to be Maybelline’s the Falsies mascara. I don’t know if it was me, or the fact that I didn’t try to the flared version (which is supposed to be better), but I was so disappointed in this mascara. It was super wet, super clumpy, and was impossible to remove. Another least favorite was probably Garnier’s BB cream was also so disappointing! It’s definitely not meant for people with oily skin.

4.   What is the best makeup bargain?


There are several that I can’t choose from. It’s so hard. First, I’d have to say that I love Wet n Wild’s eyeshadow in Walking on Eggshells. Considering this is a dupe for Sin, Naked, Buck, and Virgin in the Naked palette (this is the answer to number 7!), this definitely makes it a great bargain. Plus the quality is just fantastic. Another that is a great bargain is the ELF Mineral Infused face primer, which goes for $6 and is just as good as the $17 Sephora kind I used previously. Both I use constantly and love.

5.   What is your favorite underdog product?
Shimmering Sands

My favorite overlooked product would have to be Covergirl’s Shimmering Sands eyeshadow trio. I know this is an online favorite, but compared to ones like Wet n Wild’s, it doesn’t get near enough attention. This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow from the drugstore, and I think it deserves a lot more credit than it gets.

6.    A drugstore product that is overpriced?

I don’t own any drugstore foundations, but I’m always shocked by how much they cost! Revlon Coverstay and the Nearly Naked kind are like $12! To me, drugstore makeup should be $10 and under. Plus, if I’m going to spend that much on a foundation, I want to make sure it matches me perfectly and that it reacts to my skin well. For $30, I can try it out beforehand, get color-matched by a professional, and return it, even if I used it, at Sephora. So that’s probably why I wouldn’t be tempted to spend that much on something like Revlon’s Nearly Naked.

7.    Best drugstore dupes?

Like I said earlier, I think Walking on Eggshells is the exact dupe for my favorite shadows from the Naked palette. I’m always super impressed by how similar they are.

8.    Drugstore product that isn’t worth the hype?


Without a doubt, it would have to be Covergirl’s Lash Blast Volume and Fusion. I hate these mascaras with a passion. I hate the brush because the bristles are way too small to separate lashes. I don’t like how wet the formula is. I just think they are awful mascaras and that there are much better ones out there.

 

What are your favorite drugstore products? Favorite brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment