Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Mascaras


Hey everyone!

I don’t know about you, but the most purchased makeup items for me are always without a doubt, mascara. I think that’s the case for a lot of people. Why? Because even when you find one you like, you are always hoping that there’s another out there that is better. At least, that’s my excuse.

What makes mascara hard is that for some odd reason, each kind reacts totally different to each person. There is no universally perfect mascara unfortunately. There are good ones, really bad ones, and just okay ones. But not one single one that has everything.

Because I’ve been trying mascaras out like crazy recently, I thought I’d highlight my top five favoritesever. That’s pretty lofty, and sometimes it’s hard to choose, but these have always been mascaras that work for me.

1.    Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara


What’s funny about this mascara, is that online the reviews of it aren’t that great. I was actually super hesitant to buy it originally because people hated it so much. But I’m so glad that the packaging (it’s so cute!) pulled me in! What I especially love about this mascara is the wand. It has the thick, bristles (not the plastic type), that defines my eyelashes so well. I love the curved wand, as it makes the outer corner of my eyes so dramatic (the packaging promises full and spiked outer lashes). The formula is great. I’ve repurchased this and probably will in the future too.

2.    Covergirl Clump Crusher


This is another curved wand mascara that I love. I like how this makes my lashes long and defined. This has a plastic wand, but something about it makes it super easy to just brush out your lashes. The formula is definitely on the dry end, which is both good and bad. I don’t like wet mascaras at all, and this is definitely the opposite of it. I’ve also repurchased this mascara as well, and will do so in the future.

3.    Maybelline The Rocket



This is another recent favorite of mine. As my blog has highlighted, this mascara and I have gone through ups and downs. For some time I definitely wasn’t a fan of this mascara, but what made me go back to it is the dramatic, volumized look it gives my lashes. It’s pretty defining and doesn’t take a lot of coats to make my lashes dramatic and black. While I’m not a fan of the gel consistency of the formula or how the brush kind of hurts the base of my lashes, I do love the consistent, dramatic look of it.

4.   L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
 


This was my mascara love of the summer. I think this mascara is an all-around solid mascara. While it can get a little clumpy, the formula, brush, and packaging are all great. It’s easy to use, and very flattering on my lashes. They define and add volume. This is one that I’m hoping to try out again soon.

5.   Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!

This is the only high-end mascara on my list (mostly because it’s the only high-end kind I’ve tried). If there were such thing as the perfect mascara, this probably would be it. First, it has good ingredients that are meant to make lashes healthy, it’s cruelty free, and has super cute packaging. It’s great at both adding length and volume to lashes. While this is not the waterproof version, it has fantastic staying power. It’s not the type of mascara you need to comb through your lashes continuously, which is a great bonus and time-saver. The only negative is the price. But I love it.

What are your favorite mascaras?

No comments:

Post a Comment