Monday, August 27, 2012

Quick and Natural College Makeup!

Hey! Sorry for the lack of writing this past week! My sorority's work week kept me busy from 9-7 (at the earliest) every single night since last Sunday! I'm super excited to have that out of the way, but schools does start today, so I'm just jumping into that!

So a lot of girls think that when attending class, natural makeup, or none at all, are the ways to go. It's definitely up to personal preference. I know that I kinda like to go all out if I'm gonna do it. However, there is one exception to that, and that is when I see my boyfriend. See, he hates makeup. Especially if it's on me. I love it that he thinks I'm beautiful in my natural state. And I'm glad that he loves the real me. Only problem is: I love makeup and like wearing it!

For the times that I'm hanging out with him, or days where I don't want to do a full look, I've made this routine that is the perfect balance between the completely makeup free look he likes, and the made up look I favor.
1. Tinted Moisturizer/BB Cream/Very Lightweight Foundation
When it comes to choosing face products, I liked it keep it light and as natural as possible! I hate the feeling of stuff on my face, so I always lean toward things like BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer. These aim just at evening my skintone, but still helps me look natural (I have a chicken pox scar next to my eye, and usually products like these won't touch that. I don't mind though because I love the scar!). Currently I'm using Tarte's Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer (which has SPF 20, perfect for walking to class) and am really liking it (full review soon!).
 
2. Pressed Powder/Setting Powder
As you probably already know, my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is one of my favorite products I use. It feel amazing on my skin, giving it an airbrushed quality after I put the tinted moisturizer on. It's light and I hardly feel it. Plus it keeps my face oil down. I haven't looked into the world of drugstore powders, so if you have any suggestions, comment! I'd absolutely love to know some good ones!
 
3. Blush
There is nothing like a nice natural blush to make you look awake and ready to go! I personally favor NARS Orgasm because of it's peachy glow (it does have small little golden glitters in it!) and how easily it's applied.
 
4. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
When I'm meeting up with my boyfriend, he absolutely hates any eye makeup. So basically, I stick to things that he can't see, just ones that I can. And sometimes, my eyes look like they desperately need some shadow. When that's the case, I use my Paint Pot (which is usually my eyeshadow base) lightly across my lids. It's a quick, easy way to open up your eyes, to reduce red and puffiness, and any other little bumps or veins. Just be sure to either choose a color that's your skin color, or accept the fact it won't be completely natural.
 
5. Eyelash Curler
I love mascara. I love big lashes. I love my eyelashes touching my brow bone. Only problem: my boyfriend hates it. Which is sad. But through time, I've learned a way to naturally define my lashes without coats of mascara. And that is simply just curling them! I know. It's really innovative, right? But I've found that my eyes, once again, just pop so much more once they are curled. Now I've been blessed with better than average lashes, so this works for me. However, I can't emphasis enough how naturally pretty this is! I use my MAC Lash Curler, but of course Revlon makes an amazing drugstore one!
 
6. Lip Balm
If you need more color on your face, go for a tinted lip balm! However, I keep it even more natural by just going with a couple swipes of just plain chaptstick. Lipstick and gloss are definitely not happening on most days for me, which is good because my boyfriend finds it weird haha. I prefer either the tinted Baby Lips from Maybelline or just my yummy and smooth Eos (the little egg shaped guys...definitely love the lemon!).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment