Monday, December 17, 2012

Winterlicious Post


If you've watched Youtube, you've probably seen the Winterlicious tag! I wanted to participate, so I decided to answer them here! I hope you enjoy!

1)   Favorite Winter Nail Polish?

In the winter time I love wearing red nail polish and muted gray sort of colors. My favorite reds right now are Revlon’s Red Carpet and Essie’s She’s Pampered. My favorite grays are Essie’s Chinchilly and Don’t Sweater It (I absolutely love the name of that color).

2)  Favorite Winter lip product?

I’m honestly not a lipstick or gloss wearer. But in Colorado, the cold dry weather makes my lips try out so fast! And I have to say that I’ve been loving my Baby Lips in Twinkle! It feels good and looks great on! (if you know of any holiday flavored chapstick, let me know!)

3)  Most worn Winter clothing piece?

This is probably a tie between my North Face Denali jacket and cardigans. Cardigans are a lot more fun, and I own at least ten (maybe a future cardigan collection post?). And I wear my North Face almost every day in the winter because it’s soft, and warm and just really nice to use when walking on campus.

4)  Most worn Winter accessory?

My most worn winter accessory is probably scarves! I love love love my scarves! I can’t possibly pick a favorite, but I’m loving this floral infinity scarf one of my littles gave me for big appreciation.
 
5)  Favorite winter scent/candle?

This is super tough! I’m such a fall person, that it’s hard to pick a winter scent. I’d say it’s probably between Vanilla Bean Noel and Twisted Peppermint from Bath and Body Works. They are so sweet and festive and awesome! But in the past I’ve really enjoyed Tis the Season and Frosted Cranberry.


6) Favorite Winter beverage?

I love peppermint hot chocolate and peppermint white chocolate mochas! They are my favorites from Starbucks! I’ve also been loving spiced cider!

7)  All time favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?

Without a doubt, the first Home Alone is a holiday tradition in my family. But coming in close seconds is I’ll Be Home for Christmas (with Jonathan Taylor Thomas) and The Christmas Story (I love the TBS 24 hour marathon on Christmas Eve!).

{Source}
8) Favorite Christmas/Holiday song?

Christmas music has been a constant for me since Halloween (Grinches that say it has to wait until after Thanksgiving can get over it). It’s a tie for my favorite of all time. One is Nat King Cole’s “The Christmas Song.” When it comes on, I sing along, and sometimes even cry because it’s that touching to me. The other is “Christmas Time is Here,” from Charlie Brown. This song gets stuck in my head so easily! So when either of these songs come on the radio, I turn it up and just sing along and enjoy.
{Source}
 

{Source}
9)  Favorite Holiday food/treat?
There’s three things for this. First, I love love love spiral ham. Like, I crave it. And we have it both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I love it. Second, English toffee. Oh my gosh, my uncle’s is the best. In fact, he something like a hundred pounds of butter last year to make it! It’s funny, because my mom still can’t really make it. We blame it on altitude and our stove, but maybe this year will be the year. The third treat I look forward to is my special Christmas cookies my mom makes for me every year. It’s called Black Forest cookies. So this is what they are: oatmeal chocolate chip, with candied cherries, almonds, and white chocolate chips. So sweet and so good!

10) What is your favorite Christmas Decoration this year?

Without a doubt, it’s my Christmas pillows from Target! I can’t get enough of them!
 

11)   What's at the top of your Christmas list?

Guys, my list is long. I’m kinda embarrassed about it’s length. But probably one thing I’m really looking forward to is a monogram necklace!
{Source}
 

12) What are your plans for the holidays this year?

Not too much! Before Christmas, my family and I always make sure to do fun, holiday things like Seven Falls and stuff. Hopefully this year I’ll get to do some of those fun things with my boyfriend. Other than that, Christmas Eve is always at my aunt and uncle’s house (the one that makes fantastic toffee!). Then we come home and bake pies for Christmas day and watch Christmas Story. On Christmas Day we open all of our presents, then have breakfast, and then we have Christmas dinner, followed by driving around and looking at lights.

What are you looking most forward to this holiday season? What’s at the top of your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment